Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving

Hello All!

Well, Thanksgiving was this week.  It was a really interesting experience because I was the only one in the BBB from the US.  So I was explaining Thanksgiving to everyone pretty much all week.  In fact, out of 1500 crew, there are less than 100 Americans.  So - Thanksgiving may be a big deal to the guests, but definitely not to the crew.  However, they did have turkey on Thanksgiving for dinner, and that definitely made me happy.  The guests were also excited talking about Thanksgiving, and it was like they finally found a crew member to talk to about it!

After work a few friends and I went to see 'Frozen'.  I had already seen it earlier in the week - but it was awesome!  I highly recommend - it's so much fun and the music is great!  I already downloaded the soundtrack...

It was in general, a little bit of a lighter week.  I had the Grand Cayman and Cozumel morning off.  I didn't get off the ship in Grand Cayman because it's a tender port, and we dock late, so a friend and I just went up on deck and laid in the sun for like two and a half hours.  It was really nice.  Costa Maya I was on all day and it was crazy busy - pretty much like a sea day!  It did make the day go by fast though.  I got off in Cozumel and went to Starbucks for some coffee and free wi-fi, then to a bar for crew that's nearby for a beverage and some more free wi-fi.  I was a little tired in Cozumel because the night before is when we went to the guest premiere of 'Frozen'.  The whole BBB got to go together, so that was fun.

I was on the island on Friday in the morning.  That was really fun - I'd never been to work on the island, and I really enjoyed it.  It was nice to be outside for a few hours.  I love the BBB, but it is a little small and inside, so being out in the sun for a few hours was a nice change.   Friday nights are always fun because we head down into the shops to spread pixie dust to all the guests!

Today is going well because I am off until 5!  So I got up early and headed to the mall!  I am currently sitting getting my free wi-fi at the food court, and in an hour I'm going to see the new 'Hunger Games' movies!  It's been nice to be off for a little bit.  I'm definitely used to working 70 hours a week - but a little break is nice also!

Have a good week!

-Steph :)


No comments:

Post a Comment