Saturday, November 9, 2013

Cruise #3!

Hello All!

Well, it was my second week in the BBB this week and it went really well!  I have learned all the hairstyles now and am actually doing the hair for the little princesses.  I like it a lot.  The princesses are really adorable and seeing their face after their transformation is really special.  It’s still a little nerve-wracking but that will go away with time and practice.  I also think that I need to be a little faster, but that will come with time as well.

It was definitely a long week, and I stayed up late a few times, but I think my body is finally beginning to adjust to being tired.  It will just be an ever-present part of my life now.  And I don’t say that in a bad way, its just part of the life.  Although, even though I’m tired, I still feel like getting up and doing things.  I think that’s definitely an improvement over my first few weeks when all I wanted to do was sleep.

Pirate night was really fun because I learned the pirate make-up for boys, so I was transforming all sorts of pirates!

One of the really cool things that happened during the week was that it’s now Christmas on the Disney Fantasy!  Holiday services showed up on Saturday to put up most of the Christmas decorations, including in the BBB!  They are really cute and this week I am going to take pictures of them, I am…

On Friday I had my wet drill in Castaway Cay.  It was actually pretty fun!  The sun was shining, the water was gorgeous, and it was pretty fun to be in the water for a few hours.  Wet drill is personal survival training and is required by international maritime law.  You have to learn about immersion suits for cold water, lifejackets and life rafts.  You spend a lot of time in the water floating around in your lifejacket.  Then you have to crawl on an overturned life raft and flip it with another person.  That was definitely the hardest part.  Because you really can’t use your legs to pull yourself up, you have to use your arms.  And my arm strength sucks…  but I did it!  Then it was back to work!  And, Friday night I got to take the “Earning My Ears” sticker off my nametag!  That means that I’m a FGIT proper!

I said good-bye to another friend Friday night, but he’ll be back – so it’s ok.  My roommate is also gone for a week.  She went to do some training on the island so I get the cabin all to myself for a week.  Everyone is so so so jealous!!!

This morning was my first morning doing load.  That’s freight.  It wasn’t that difficult since I am used to doing things like it for the Disney Store.  We were done in a few hours so I got off the ship in Port Canaveral and headed to Target!  It was awesome!  I had a list and was able to get most of it.  Some snacks, laundry detergent, a headband, etc…

I also got two Starbucks… 

Tonight was fun because we had a new FGIT (Fairy-Godmother-in-Training) in the BBB.  She’s from Canada and seems really nice.  So while it’s fun not to be the new girl anymore, it’s also nerve-wracking because now I’m supposed to know what I’m doing!  We also get a new girl next week as well because so many FGIT’s are going on vacation.  It should be an interesting Christmas!

Speaking of Christmas, I did pick up a few Christmas decorations while I was at Target, but I think I will have to maybe grab a few more over the next month or so…

Well, I’m off to watch ‘Elf’ in the crew lounge – tomorrow will be a long, busy sea day!


Steph :)

No comments:

Post a Comment