Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My First Few Days in the Boutique!

Hello All!

Well – I’ve been in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for a few days now and I really like it so far!

Sunday was a sea day so it was 9am to 9pm – I didn’t know any of the hairstyles yet so I just buddied up with the other FGIT’s (Fairy-Godmother-in-Training).  That meant that I would do the princesses nails and make-up while they did the hairstyle.  It was a really long day, but fun.  The little girls are so adorable in the boutique.  You can really see the impact that you have on them.  Their eyes when they finally get to see their hair at the end is really special.

After work Sunday I watched a really stupid movie, ‘White House Down’.  I had a couple hours to kill and I didn’t want to sleep so I thought I’d turn off my brain with the movie.  It worked!  After that it was the crew Halloween party.  It was really fun and some of the costumes were really elaborate.  I didn’t bring anything with me so I just wore my purple tank top and purple bandana and went as Donatello from the ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’.

I didn’t get much sleep on Sunday so being at the boutique Monday at 9am wasn’t easy, but I managed.  Luckily there were no princess until the afternoon so I got to spend the morning with my trainer Briana practicing on the mannequin heads.  I got pretty good at the twists and started to learn the Fairy Tale.  I haven’t done the other two yet and might learn another one at the end of the week, but maybe not either until next week.  It’s at least a two-week training process to become a FGIT so I’m actually a little ahead since I already know the Fairy Tale.  I just need to practice, practice, practice.

I got off an hour early on Monday and was able to go to eat at one of the guest restaurants. Enchanted Garden.  It was amazing!  I had an ahi tuna and avocado tower for an appetizer and then caramelized sea scallops for dessert!  It was sooooo good!  But I have no idea how the guests eat like that every night for seven days.  I was completely stuffed afterward…

I got the morning off this morning and slept.  My body hasn’t quite adjusted to the timetable we run on around here so it was nice to get some sleep.  I was able to go to the Royal Tea this afternoon because the boutique sets everything up.  It’s where a few young princesses get to have tea with the real princesses.  It was adorable, but it’s super expensive for guests so I’m glad I got to see it, because that’s the only way I would!

After the boutique closed tonight the pirates took over!  The whole boutique changes over to The Pirate League!  I learned how to do a girl pirate for tomorrow so I think that I’ll actually be working on a few girls on my own!  I’m nervous, but I’m fairly confident that I’ll be ok. 

Anyway, off to bed because I have to be up early for pirates tomorrow!


Steph :)

No comments:

Post a Comment