Saturday, January 4, 2014

The crazy merry month of December...

Hello All!

Ok, so first an apology.  I know it’s been ages since I’ve posted but this seriously has been the busiest December of my whole life…

First things first, I’ve seen ‘Frozen’ 6 times so you all need to catch up.  Its amazing and I already know the words to all the songs…

There were so many crew events this month.  I got to go to animation magic and see my animations come to life in the guest restaurant Animator’s Palate.  The class was taught by my friend Anthony so that was fun as well.  We also had a special meet and greet for crew only with Donald, Daisy, Pluto, Goofy, Minnie & Mickey.  They were all in their holiday finest so that was great.

The mainstage performers had a special performance of their show ‘Believe’.  ‘Believe’ is my favorite show on the Fantasy so I was super excited.  They also added a bunch of little fun things for crew.  Jokes and things like that.  There was a big Christmas party, the Frozen Ball.  It was in the guest area called D Lounge and it was all decorated with snowflakes and things like that.  It was fun and we all got dressed up.

I was able to go to midnight mass on Christmas Eve and I was really happy about that.  It was just like being at home, except in a theatre…

Christmas day was interesting.  It was 85 degrees outside in Cozumel so that was interesting.  But I spent the day with friends first in Hooters (because of the internet) and then off to Margaritaville for Christmas fajitas!  It was an easy day at work, the day before was crazy, but Christmas day was relatively quiet.  That Friday we had a special dinner in the guest restaurant Cabanas just for crew.  It was really yummy. 

Last Saturday we had crew bingo and raffle.  It was a really fun event and it was completely packed.  And I won a hundred bucks!  It was the smallest jackpot but I don’t care, I never win!  My manager won the big raffle though – a MacBook Air.

New Year’s Eve was a huge party here on the Fantasy.  I was actually working up on deck so I rang in the New Year with the guests.  I was in merchandise and not the BBB this past week.  It was a good week and definitely fun.  I got to talk sports with the guests!  But I’m ready to get back to my pixie dust ;)

The New Year’s Eve crew party was crazy and luckily my schedule was such that I got to sleep in the next day.  Which was good – because I slept until 11:30am

Castaway was a little crazy on Friday.  I was supposed to work in the morning, but because of the weather we couldn’t dock.  So we all went and opened the shops.  But we were still all in our Castaway gear.  Also there was only half the team there, so it got a little crazy there for a while.   But we survived, and in the end we did end up docking at like 1:45pm, which was good.  Because if we hadn’t docked, it would have been bad.  Castaway is the highlight of the cruise for most of the guests so it was good we got in, even if just for half a day.

Well, that’s all for now.  January is supposed to be a lot lighter, so we’ll see if it flies by as quick as December did.  I also am more than halfway done with my contract!  Eleven weeks down, nine weeks left!

Steph :)

No comments:

Post a Comment